Friday, June 8, 2007

My friend Danny

As many of you know I have a been keeping up with a young man named Danny since his accident in 2005. He is identical to how I was when I 1st got injured. He drives his chair with a straw (sip and puff chair). His legs fell off of his wheel chair the other day and I helped him out and put them back on the chair. I never imagined that I would be helping out someone that is in the shoes I was in. Maybe that's my purpose for being here? Its like God is showing me the past all over again through Danny to show me how far I have come and reminding me that my healing is not finished yet. But, I can honestly say if I had to choose between coming on this trip and getting more mobility back or Danny coming and getting enough movement and strength to at least get out of that sip and puff I would of stayed home and prayed for Danny. We have become close because we can relate.
His MRI shocked the doctors. He has a tremendous amount of scar tissue which is not going to allow the stem cells to grow so they think. This is the 1st time that I have ever heard anything negative from these doctors. Surgery is out of the question only because if something happened to a foreigner here it would be all over the world fast. They did do work on an American the other day but his injury is not as severe. We are praying for the best and Danny and his dad too. He had his 1st injection last night so I will check on him in a little bit. We hope his muscle spasms will decrease like mine did and still are. His spasms are still VERY strong but we will see. Remember that most of the results will show up months down the road when the stem cells mature and grow. I'll see everyone later
Lance

2 comments:

meganl said...

Lance,

It is so awesome that you can be an encouragement to Danny and his family. It is amazing what the power of the Lord can do. I am very excited to read about the amazing things that are taking place over there! Thanks for keeping everyone up to speed on your progress.

Megan

Walking Miracle said...

Lance this is great. I love you so much. You are going to be completely healed, and Danny is going to be amazed with his progress as well. Tell him many are praying for him including Polly. I love you too, Gabby.