Sunday, June 10, 2007

Quick Update

Saturday was a normal day with therapy and acupuncture. The IV stem cells gave me a boost of energy so Gabby and I went out to dinner with my PT and one of the nurses. After dinner I was up for a challenge and ended up walking 1 mile to Baskin Robins and only stopped to rest 3 times for a couple mins. each time. That was by far the farthest that I have walked non stop since before my injury.
Today Gabby and I went out for shopping and bought some beautiful gifts and stuff for our home. The prices were soooooo cheap, even McDonald's is only about $1.80 for a double cheeseburger, small drink, and small fry. I did see one of the saddest things ever today though. A woman beggar lying on the side of the street with a small bowl in front of her. All that was in her bowl was a few coins so I leaned over to her and grabbed her hand and gave her 10 RMB which she could not believe because she could probably eat 2 meals with that much money. I could tell she started to cry when I gave it to her. I will give her more if I see her again. I'll update more later.

7 comments:

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

Lance,

I am glad to hear your treatments are going well. I think dealing with adversity has made you more compassionate. Think of all of the people who walked right by her, thus the almost empty bowl.

Mom said...

Lance,
I am so grateful that you saw that woman. Jesus would never have passed anyone up who needed help. You followed his teachings.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Lance, please keep updating as I have a SCI and would love to have the same type of improvement that you've seen from the treatment(s).

hendra said...

Hi Lance, I'm so glad to hear you have seen some improvement so fast. Yeah, you will see lots of those sad situations in most of the third world and developing countries. When you said you walk for a mile, were you using a crutch or just your kafo? What is the needle size they use for acupunture (1,2,3 inch?) and do they poke you at the same areas everytime or they varies? Do they ask you if you feel any ellectrical current when they turn and twist the needle or they just push it in and leave it.

Thanks again for posting and looking forward to hearing more good news from your treatment.

t600dan said...

Keep up the good work bud and you will be racing the 7.5 class at holt in no time flat.
I will get trans brake in soon so you can see if treatment made you stronger stay cool and see you soon.

jude said...

Hi Lance,
I am Judy Allen - know about you through your Aunt Sandy Hammock. We are in a Bible study class together. Thank you for sharing your story - all of us in the class (average age around 70ish) have you in our prayers and are so anxious to hear positive things. We are also praying for Danny and his family. Keep up the good work - I know it isn't easy. God Bless you and your wife!

Brooke Shands said...

Lance,
I am so glad your treatments are going good. Glad to hear you are getting out. God puts the most wonderful things in our paths! My prayers are with you!
Brooke